After a couple of years of trying these different cleaners, I finally found the best cleaner for my glass stove top. Somehow life went from using electric coils and gas burner stove tops, to these fancy glass stove tops. And with this fanciness comes the dreaded burn sitch. When I make indian tea, I usually forget and come back to a completely browned and blackened stove top.
I’ve tried to clean the burn with everything from lemon and baking soda, to soaking the stovetop in a pool of water. Alas, water and all these products can only do so much. This however, is the ultimate solution to clean that nasty burn.
What Cleans Stove Tops the Best?
Hands down, without a doubt, the Bar Keepers Friend will become your best friend. It is the only product I’ve used that doesn’t leave any scratch marks but with a little elbow grease, you are a few minutes away from a clean and clear stove top.
What is the Best Cleaner for a Black Stove Top?
Again, this is the cleaner that is great for any stove top but also for black stove tops. It is hard enough to get the grease off the stove top, but it does not leave any scratches or lines behind.
How to Use This Stove Top Cleaner
- Add sufficient water to the burnt area and let it stand for about 10 minutes
- Wipe away the water so you have a semi-dry surface to work with
- Generously pack on BKF onto the top so it has a layer
- Get a dry sponge and work that elbow until you can’t feel the elevated debris
- Clean up the rest with soap and water or else your stove will smell weird from burning any remnants of the product
- And that’s it!
- If there are any remnants that didn’t come off, you can do the process on that specific area once again.
- And don’t ever use a knife or blade to scratch off the hardened particles, you can instead use a thin but sturdy plastic which wont leave scratches on the glass surface
Always be cautious when cleaning a glass stove. There are various ways you can actually ruin it, so try not to force out the burned remnants. The Bar Keepers Friend works really well without leaving any scratches on the glass. It is not only THE best glass stove top cleaner , but it can also be used to clean your cookware. I use it on my cookware before I stick them in the dishwasher. It has been one of the best purchases I have made for my kitchen.
Have you tried it yet?
Featured photo courtesy of Pexels.com
Article last updated on September 13th, 2021